Slider

James and Cat

Tuesday 16 September 2014

What goes on tour stays on tour


Last weekend I took part in the ancient tradition of the STAG. You eagle eyed keen readers may have noticed my missing post last Monday, this was stag related. Needless to say I had neither the mental ability nor the physical fortitude to hold my concentration for more than 30 seconds. Now that time has passed and I am back to myself again here it goes.

I woke early on the Saturday morning excited and bowled over by the shire number of texts and snapchats, all the boys expressing their excitement. I got changed put on my cowboy shirt and boots, and relaxed. My beautiful Catherine wrangled me up some breakfast and I was ready to go. I gathered up enough beer and Morgans to get a small army drunk, crisps and nuts to level things out. The plan was to meet at Jason’s house (the best man) have a bite and go on to the pub. Here I had my second breakfast.

I was also handed my amazing stag Polo shirt. He had done an incredible job. Using the Doctor Who logo and changing the “D” to a “C” he created the prefect slogan for a stag doo “Catherine Who”. It still cracks me up. The way I judge it is to consider what I would have done but it surpassed anything i could have dreamt up (and that is saying something). So with my new polo and second breakfast in me we headed to the pub.


The recurring theme of showing up early to the pub was emphasised for the last number of weeks. Everyone was told meet around 10am – 10:30am and the last man in has a forfeit. This is a great idea as it made everyone put an inch to their step and arrive on time. When we arrived at the bar “Dainty Davies” we were welcomed with 16 mystery shots. All had different shots in them but all looked exactly the same. The forfeit for the last man was to take 4.

There it was pints and shots at 10am. Everyone started to arrive and the bus came on time. Jason had booked Kellys Bus Hire to take us to Dublin. Originally we were to take the train however with the Dublin train strikes we were safe with the bus. The craic was mighty on the bus down. Agie (aka Kung fu Panda) had made a stag CD of classic 90’s tunes.
 



After lots of beer, cider, vodka, a mini road trip and a lot of dehydration stops we made it to Dublin (3 hours later). We checked out our Staycity penthouse apartment. It was unreal. The view of Dublin we had was unparallel. The top 2 floors were booked out so we didn’t have to worry about the noise. After a few more drinks, some slagging and some giggles we went for dinner in temple bar.



 
After that in true stag fashion... What goes on tour stays on tour....

Needless to say I had a fantastic time as did the rest of the guys. The road home was just as much craic as the say down as we regaled each other with stories from the night before. I would like to thank all the guys for making the weekend a blurry memorable one
 

Jason – “I love spar”
Dinky – “Jedward”
Damien – “Morris Minor”
Jimmy – “The King”
Nicky – “The butcher boy”
Agie – “Kung fu panda”
Phil – “Little Phil”
Shane – “Shane O Mac”
Pat – “Pat Jennings”
Gerard – “Spanner”
Fergal – “Sir Alex Fergal”
Wayne – “The Hurricane”
Loco – “TG4 Loco”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
HIBS100 Index of Home and Interior Blogs