Slider

James and Cat

Sunday 3 August 2014

Things to do when you are on the wedding countdown

HSo as James mentioned on Monday, we are seriously on the countdown! 9 weeks today I will be marrying my best friend! (See I can do cheese just as well as himself!)

With everything going on, I wanted to make a bit of a rundown of things I am currently doing to prepare for the big day that might be useful to other brides/grooms-to-be!

1. Make a list

So like I said before, I have been making lists of lists for the last wee while. But making an up to date list can really ground you into realising what you really have to do. I thought we were nearly completely done, but turns out we had way more to do, even the pretty important stuff. Which leads me to...


2. Meet your officiant

I'm not sure what it's like for other denominations, or for civil ceremonies, but in the Catholic Church we need to meet with our priest before the wedding to first let them know you are ready to get married (that neither of you are being coerced into it) and that you are who you say you are ( ensuring you aren't married to someone else already/ of age to get married). It's also nice for both of you to get to know the person you are marrying so that you are comfortable coming up to the day. Our priest is the wonderful Father Eamon Graham, who married my mum and dad 30 years ago. He is just lovely and has been full of advice for the wedding prep. He also enabled us to get another item ticked off our list...


3. Let the officials know

I mentioned in my last post that I'd done something pretty official at the end of last week... Something that you have to do before you get married is enter your Notification of Intention to Marry. Fr Graham had to sign it to confirm he would be marrying us. Both James and I needed to fill in a form each, but only one of us needed to hand the notice in. When I arrived and handed over the forms with our passports and birth certificates, I had to fill out a form telling them who our witnesses would be. We will now be able to pick up our Schedule from about two weeks before the wedding for us all to sign on the big day!


4. Have you stag/hen

As you all know I had my amazing Hen two weeks ago, and it was incredible! I am still talking about it and having a wee giggle to myself every time I am reminded of some wee thing that happened! James's Stag isn't for another 4 weeks, and I have to admit, I am a little nervous with how close it is to the wedding! 5 weeks is not enough time to grow back eyebrows, quiffed hair and is certainly not long enough to heal broken bones. I have the stags all warned, that James must be returned in one piece, even if he doesn't feel like he is. 

5. Treat yourselves

Last week James mentioned that he was having serious pains in his shoulder. He also has a major habit of cracking every bone in his body. So thinking we were in serious need of a treat (see I am still a fan of presents, surprises and treats), I decided to book us in for full body massages at the Wellbeing Spa (http://wellbeingspa.webs.com).
It was fantastic! Coming home we we both feeling incredible, it was just what we needed - James even  wondered out loud if it was something we should do every Saturday morning. We might fit another one in before the big day! 

So there you have it! My five to-dos in the run up to the wedding day! If you have any items you think should be added let us know - email us on howgeeksgetmarried@gmail.com, @geeksgetmarried, @cittiecait or @jamesdoon85

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
HIBS100 Index of Home and Interior Blogs